- You have the power to improve health literacy!!!
- All doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, clinic staff, pharmacists, etc. can help improve health literacy.
Health Literacy Guidelines
- Look at the Ask Me 3 questions and make sure these questions are answered each time with each patient.
- Always use the teach-back technique. Click herefor more information.
- Use the resources hereto help keep your patients safe and informed!
- For more information, take a CEU course about health literacy or cultural competency.
- The best way to judge if your office or clinic is practicing clear health commincations, simply ask your patients if they understand not just you, but the materials you give them as well.