INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
- You have the power to improve health literacy!!!
- Look at the Ask Me 3 materials and find out how you can be an active patient.
Health Literacy Guidelines
- Follow the 6 Health Literacy Tips below everytime time you have a medical visit.
- Always ask if you do not understand something.
- Use the resources here to keep yourself, your family, and your friends, safe and informed!!
Health Literacy Tips
- Bring a list of medications - Always have a list of your medications when you go to a visit so you do not have to remember them all!
- Bring your Ask Me 3 questionswith you at your visit. This way, you can remember to ask them, and write down the answers.
- Bring a pen - Take a pen with you so you can write down important things.
- Bring a friend! - If you take a friend or family member with you, the visit will be less stressful. Also, they can remember things you might forget!
- Educate yourself about your health. Look at the library or go on the Internet to learn more about your own medical condition, before you go to your medical appointment.