On March 1, 2008 facilities requiring a SECOND reinspection for non-compliances will be required to pay a $100.00 reinspection fee per reinspection.
About Environmental Services
The Environmental Section of the Jefferson County Health Department performs a variety of services that impact the entire Jefferson County Community. Often called the "invisible profession" the services provided by environmental health professionals in Jefferson County have a positive, significant impact upon the health of our citizens by protecting the environment in which we all live. Unfortunately the work that our environmental professionals do on a daily basis often goes unobserved by most of the people we serve.
The following video was produced and provided by the Georgia Environmental Health Association to help you understand more about the "invisible profession". The services provided by our environmental professionals touch every citizen in every area of the county every day.
These services include:
- Food Service Inspections
- Childhood Environmental Lead Investigations
- Daycare and Child Care Center Inspections
- Testing of Private and Public Drinking Water
- Mosquito Surveillance and Control
- Well Inspections and Drinking Water Samples
- Inspections in Response to Environmental Complaints
- Receives and Follow ups on Reports of Animal Bites
- Submits Animal Specimens for Rabies Testing
- Receives and Refers General Complaints to other Agencies
- Inspects Public Swimming Pools
- Inspects Lodging Establishments
- Provides Food Safety Education
- and more...
For more information, please contact us.